1 the imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC; notable for the rise of Confucianism and Taoism [syn: Zhou, Zhou dynasty, Chou, Chou dynasty, Chow dynasty]
3 breed of thick-coated medium-sized dogs with fluffy curled tails and distinctive blue-black tongues; believed to have originated in northern China [syn: chow chow]
- Rhymes: -aʊ
- Food, especially snacks.
- Animal food, especially that of cats and dogs.
- A Chinese breed of dog, frequently known as chow chow. See the Wikipedia entry.
- A twelfth-century Chinese dynasty, alternatively romanized as Zhou or Chou.
Food, especially snacks
Chow may refer to:
- Chow Chow, a dog breed
- Chow-chow, the food
- An obsolete unit of mass in the pearl trade in Mumbai (see buddam)
- Chow, an alternate name for the star Beta Serpentis
- An English-phonetic spelling of ciao
- Food in general (such as in the terms "chow down" or "chow hall")
- A variant of the Chinese surname 周, see Zhou
- China Chow, British actress
- Chow, a character in the television show "Jackie Chan Adventures"
- Chow Yun Fat, Chinese actor
- Michael Chow, restaurateur
- Stephen Chow, writer, director, and actor
- Tina Chow, deceased model
- Ven Te Chow Ph.D. US hydrologist.
- Vivian Chow, Chinese singer
- Wei-Liang Chow, mathematician who worked in algebraic geometry
chow in Spanish: Chow
chow in Portuguese: Chow